Wednesday, June 20, 2018

The City of Dreaming Spires

Hello!

I am currently two days post departure from Oxford and am extremely jet lagged. I wanted to write this post from the UK, but the time got away from me and so here we are. 


Full group photo outside the Radcliffe Camera.

I am already at my summer job in Washington. I am once again working at Four Winds Westward Ho for the summer. I am extremely excited for this job, but the jet lag is kind of kicking my butt. I arrived at camp less than 24 hours after I got back to the states, I don't think I've stopped moving since then. But, luckily my second day at work was a day off so I was able to relax. 

Anyways, back to Oxford. I cannot put into words how grateful I am to have had the opportunity to live and study in Oxford. It was challenging, thrilling, and exciting. I wrote more than I ever have in my life and saw so many things and places I have dreamed of. I learned more than I thought was possible (about both myself and my studies).


Queen's Lane-my favorite place in Oxford.

I cannot distill my experience into a single blog post, but know that it was amazing. I am so grateful to have been surrounded by 11 other amazing students and two wonderful professors. These people helped make my experience into what it was and I couldn't have asked for anything better. 


17 Boulter Street post final breakfast.

17 Boulter Street celebrating the program with a final family ice cream night.

I'll be fairly out of touch for the rest of the summer, but keep an eye out for the occasional post. 

Madeline

No comments:

Post a Comment