Wednesday, November 23, 2016

I Flew Over Thanksgiving?

Hello!

I know what you are thinking, why did you think flying over Thanksgiving was a good idea? Simple answer really, I missed my family and I wanted to go home. 

I was scheduled to fly out of Seattle on Wednesday afternoon, later than I wanted, but I had classes on Wednesday. Turns out the classes that I have on Tuesdays and Wednesdays got cancelled at the last minute, so I had two free days at school to do my homework. I tried a few times to change my flight, but last minute flight changes are expensive! So now, I'm sitting in the airport waiting for my flight. 

My friend very graciously offered to drive me to the airport, after I told her I would buy her coffee and feed her. It worked out well in my favor, as she agreed to drive me. We left school 4 hours before my flight was supposed to leave, and the drive is 45 minutes so I got to Sea-Tac at 1:00. I was fully prepared to wait forever in a Security line. After all, the first line I was in looked like this:

I got moved to another line, and made it through security in 15 minutes, the fastest I have ever gotten through security in Sea-Tac. I found my gate and now I'm waiting the 2 1/2 hours until my flight departs. 

I absolutely cannot wait to get home! I hope you have a fantastic holiday! Keep your eyes peeled for a thrilling update of the Mellish Family Thanksgiving extravaganza. 

Madeline

No comments:

Post a Comment